Thursday, April 24, 2014

Weep not my Palastine




Shameela Yoosuf Ali




In this forlorn night of peace stars slide into the dreams
Gust of air passes sprinkling soothing quietness
World around me sleeps tucked into cozy blankets

In the forgotten end of humanity
There lies a strip of earth of divinity
Amid the fertile orchards of Olives and figs
Natives of the sacred land starved and bled…

Breaking my soul my brother’s body lay still
Weeping of my mother pierces my nerves
Amidst the ruins of an empty house once filled
Echoes the laughter of babies cuddled together…
Haunted am I with the bleeding of my soil - Gaza

Weep not my Palastine,
A dawn would break swift
A golden sun across the cobalt blue sky
Thousand dreams and an earth to call our own.


2012.11.21

No comments:

Post a Comment