Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blissful Wings





Shameela Yoosuf Ali

By the window I sit and watch the world fleeting by and by
My eyes swim here and there, rest of me is frozen as still as ice
An unquenchable thirst is devouring me inch by inch
A call, a voice from the horizon lonesome yet warm
When my mind strolls by the gigantic oceans of knowledge…
My body is no heavier than a feather of a sparrow

People come and go leaving footprints on the sand
Filling love in emptiness, then filling emptiness to love
Everybody is busy gathering firewood for the hearth
Picking the droplets of life gasping, pacing and running against each other
I wait and wait in the wilderness ,not knowing where to turn.

Out of the blue , the white walls are colored in lush green and maroon
Silky Drapes hanging supple and soft as a baby’s bottom
Adorns the bleak wall a painting ,A mountain and a stream
Burgundy blossoms of roses so fragrant and lustrous
Sit in a glass goblet mystifying my essence deep and dense

At last my shackled being was at liberty..breathing lungs full of air
Unbolt a new road, a new hope and a dream so much fair
Fluttering above the moon is my world with blissful Wings a pair
……………………………………………………………………………………………
2011.10.24

No comments:

Post a Comment